Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bizarre Collison of History

About halfway through our Christmas road trip, I noticed how history seemed to be intersecting everywhere. I am not a real fan of history in school, but seeing historical sights really make history so much more interesting.

Memphis is the unfortuante location of where Martin Luther King Jr was shot.



I was really intrigued by a photo of the furture President Clinton meeting the current President Kennedy at his library.


We visited the 6th Floor Book depository in Dallas. It was surreal, being on the Grassy Knoll and seeing the X's where President Kennedy was assasinated.




I was then really shocked when our carriage ride driver pointed out a school where Lee Harvey Oswald had attended.



Here is a photo of The 16th street Baptist church in Birmingham. I remember visiting the church during a high school trip and the impact of the story of the murder of the 4 girls during a bombing.



Passing through Montgomery, we stopped at Hank William Sr's gravesite. I remember the Alan Jackson song, Midnight in Montgomery and wanted to stop by and visit. I am hoping next time we are in Nashville, we can visit The Grand Ole Opry.
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiSaoYRIQk5LWiexEnE6TIiQjf6eZvsQFCQlWRwd_okjUYQOqy-l2hhPcBFhn_yVBHefAkZpiR63tcGft61zi7FV_1ilRRJDeC2Gi63UAKg-pFyvpWdFXHkq3bax0wsFobdFlKAFTJXR6bk/s1600/406758_609174168483_56202159_32498878_470460_n.jpg">


I can't find my camera cord, so I will have to post about the Parmesean Pesto Sirloin as soon as I do. I did try two new things today. I mixed sugar-free cheesecake with Fage Yogurt. It did sweeten it up, but it tasted pretty chemically to me. After reading a chow hound post about popcorn cooked in duck fat, I had to try it. It was fine, but I prefer my popcorn cooked in coconut oil, which is a better fat anyway.

I also tried some pilates on demand- I think I will be sore tomorrow.

What is your favorite historical site you have visited?




No comments:

Post a Comment